The Satvik Resort (colloq Satvik Sadan), built on the mountain side of village Dhungsil, a km before Bhimtal lake, on the main road leading into Bhimtal from Kathgodam / Haldwani. Safety point – We are just 16 ms into the mountains, a mere 20 minutes drive up. Closer to Delhi than the risky parts of mountains.
Bhimtal, the gateway to Kumaon, situated at a height of 1470 mtrs is only 280 kms.from Yamuna bridge Delhi, making it an ideal place for a rejuvenating vacation.
How to reach -Our boutique resort, The Satvik is located one kilometer before lake of Bhimtal on main road from Haldwani to Bhimtal.
We are 280 kms from Akshardham Delhi. Besides driving to our place in 5 to 6 hours from Delhi, you also have the option of taking a comfortable train from Anand Vihar Delhi called Anand Vihar Kathgodam Shatabdi, which leaves at 6.30 am to reach nearby Kathgodam station at 11.30 am
There are direct connection trains from Delhi, Lucknow and Kolkatta as well to Kathgodam.
From Kathgodam station we are 19 kms away and can be reached by taxi in half an hour.
The nearest airport Pantnagar, is 50 kms away and takes 90 minutes to reach. There are regular flights from Delhi to Pantnagar
Bhimtal, and its vicinity, have many scenic spots, besides being in the proximity of the famous tourist towns of Kumaon
Bhimeshwar Mahadeva Temple on lake shore of Bhimtal lake, is known to have 6th of 12 Jyotirlings as per Shiva Purana. Dakini Bhimshankar Mahadeva. It is thus written on a govt. of India epithet in the famous Somnath temple of Gujarat India.
A-Within 0-30 mins drive
1. Bhimtal lake, fish aquarium in centre of lake, boating in lake.
2. Horse riding and paragliding near Bhimtal lake.
3. Sattal lake areas, treks there,
4. Naukichiatal lake - lotus lake
5. Chafi river side walks.
6. Jantwal – Sattal mountain trek
B- Within 30 -60 mins drive
1.Nainital lake, temples and Tibetan market
2. Ramgarh orchards
3. Kaichi temples
C- Within 60 -120 mins drive.
1. Ranikhet – some unique temples and views 2. Almora – copper market, ashrams and temples of famous saints and local deities.
3. Haidakhan – a village at the base of locally revered Kailash mountain. A huge valley with streams flowing between.
4. Mukteshwar – a highly acclaimed tourist spot, known for its views, walks and drive.